Senior Data Analyst Opportunity at Engineering Analytics Tech Scale-up
Information & Communication TechnologyDevelopers/Programmers
Are you a data scientist, analyst or mechanical engineer with a passion for problem solving? At MaxMine we are developing a new data collection and analytics platform to improve open pit mining operations across the globe. We solve real problems with innovative and tangible solutions that actually stick.
With so much hype in our space, and a solution that delivers real value, our clients can’t get enough of our services, and we need more help to continue delivery and grow our offering.
Mining operations deal in massive scale operational problems. They ‘lift and shift’ millions of tonnes of material and consume hundreds of millions of dollars per year in operating expenses. A 1% improvement across load and haul fleets can add literally millions to their bottom lines. We are delivering these improvements to our clients across Africa and Australia.
MaxMine is an automated business improvement product which performs advanced analytics and data science on truck operational data to deliver significant cost savings and productivity gains to global miners. We apply engineering science and mathematics to operational data that we collect with our hardware. We store and analyse this data via our cloud platform and deliver results straight into client’s operations.
Our approach is the future of Professional Consulting Services, and everything that we do, and how we do it reflects this. We are a value focused tech company, which happens to work across Operational and Engineering domains in the Mining Services industry. With a growing client base and rapid expansion of services, analytics and operations we have a range of interesting projects which will have an impact.
You probably don’t fit many roles… Too much software for an “engineer”, too much engineer for a software developer. We are looking for people that are keen analysts with a flair for programming and development. Are you keen to solve challenging problems on big operational datasets? Not afraid to get your hands dirty in order to deliver a big outcome for clients.
- You are a curious person and a problem solver.
- You love exploring large datasets, and understand that there is more than one solution to every problem
- You tell stories with data
- You can convey insights simply and effectively to people of all walks of life.
- You like to solve problems once, so that they stay solved.
We have an immediate need for a senior data analyst/scientist or data savvy engineer to contribute to our engineering analysis team. We are currently seeking expressions of interest from current candidates who have:
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science degree or similar experience
- 3-7 years of experience performing data analysis of any sort
- Solved real world problems developing algorithms and software
- Are ideally proficient with an Object Oriented language such as Python, Java, C#, C++
- Are ideally proficient in SQL and business intelligence tools such as PowerBI
- Are ideally proficient in how statistics can be used on real client problems
- Attention to detail and following through on solving client’s actual problems
- Some exposure to client liaison functions would be highly desirable
- A commercial mindset, focused on value for our clients and value for our business
We work with a range of technologies across the full spectrum of dev-ops and data-science. Our platform is based on;
- Snowflake, DBT, PowerBI, python, bokeh
You don’t need to know all of the above, but need to be willing and able to learn. There is also scope to bring new technologies to our platform team where they fit within our existing technology and can demonstrate business value.
Our team’s cohesion and success draws from a culture of shared values.
- Customer – We play the long game, as one team
- Impact – We move the needle for our customers, people & environment
- Ubuntu – We believe ‘I am because we are’
- Finishing – We celebrate when things are done
- Excellence – We take pride in our work. Quality output with a sense of urgency
- Playful spirit – We have a good laugh
What We Offer
- Lots of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day
- A competitive compensation package
- A chance to join a rapidly scaling start-up
- The opportunity to shape your role, our team and our product