Welcome to MaxMine’s first Amateur Mining Photo Competition. Unlock your creative side and submit your entries!
As we’ve learned from so many of our friends and colleagues in the industry, beneath the hard-core exterior of the mine site, there lurks an indefatigable creative edge! If you have an eye for spotting the magic in the human moment, or the light rays hitting the ridge at just the right angle.. we want to showcase that creative flair to the world!
- Here’s to the Operators
- Ore-Some Machines
- Landscapes and Contrasts
The contest is open to everyone that “gets” mining and is able to shine a lens onto the industry. Yes, the competition is open to everyone, in all regions (except of course the judges).
- Entering the Competition:
Entries can be taken using any kind of camera. We have seen some amazing mobile phone, ipad and drone photos standing tall next to professional SLR cameras.
All entries will be submitted here, on the competition website page, on or before the 17th of January 2022.
- Judges will look for the following:
- Creativity and originality – Bringing a fresh perspective to mining. Capturing the scale, the contrasts and the human factor.
- Photo framing and composition – Perspective and reframing a photo can have a dramatic impact.
- Adherence to theme – How well the photo plays to the theme (see above).
- Visual impact – How the viewer “feels” when they look at the photo.
- Voting on Your Favourite Photos:
- Voting is straight forward – simply hit the “like” / thumbs up icon. Voting starts from today! So the sooner you submit, the more votes you can gather.
- You can submit as many photo entries as you want.
- Last day of submission is 17 January 2022.
- Announcement of winners will be on Jan 25, 2022.
- Prizes for the Best Judged Entries:
- 1st Place – AU$1,000 photography voucher + MaxMerch bundle
- 2nd Place – AU$500 photography voucher + MaxMerch bundle
- 3rd Place – AU$300 photography voucher + MaxMerch bundle
- Crowd Pleaser – AU$300 photography voucher + MaxMerch bundle
- 4th-7th Place – MaxMerch bundles
The legal stuff (Rights, obligations and ownership)
When you enter the competition, you agree to the following:
- The photo(s) you submit are yours. It does not become MaxMine’s intellectual property. However, as part of the entry you allow MaxMine to use your photo for marketing and training purposes, even if it is not a winning entry (you grant us the right to use your photo too free of charge).
- You are the owner of the photo you took (author) or someone gave you the photo as yours (acquired use).
- You had permission to take the photo (where required) and you can enter the photo into the competition (the photo is not prohibited and does not infringe on someone else’s rights).
- You are responsible for any claim made by a third party in respect of your entry and indemnify MaxMine and its sponsors.
- We may be required to remove photos from the competition challenged by others. MaxMine will comply with any take-down or removal orders given lawfully.